Monday, March 2, 2009

2 months already!!

On February 19th it was time again for Bristol's Well Check. This time he was going to have to get shots. I was a lil nervous for how Dega would react to them making him cry, but she turned out to be a trooper.

When we got there they weighed him and measured him. He weighed 12 pounds 2 ounces and was 22 3/4 inches long. He is getting quite heavy. But everyone keeps telling me that's because he's a boy.
While they were weighing him Josh asked the nurse about getting Dega's ears pierced. She had been asking to wear my earrings lately so we thought we could consider it and I personally was thinking maybe when she turns three. The nurse brought in the earring choices they have and Dega immediately decided she wanted stars.
The nurse said she could hold them until we decided we were going to get it done. Then the doctor came in and checked Bristol to make sure he wasn't broken or whatever it is they look for. This time Bristol even giggled for the doctor. My kids are like polar opposites, I tell ya.
Then we went over questions and we didn't really have any. Pretty much been through this stuff before. Then Josh asked how much they charge for ear piercing. They told us it was only $15 and I said ok we would get it done at Dega's check up in July. Well while they gave Bristol his shot Josh decided he wanted two screaming kids and told them that we would go ahead and get her ears done then.
So while I waited for them to come back with the earrings and stuff I told Dega what was gonna happen and she was excited. I also nursed Bristol to get him calmed down. So then Dega sat on the table and they marked her ears. That's when she started getting nervous. I mean, there was a stranger touching her. So she started asking me what they were doing. So I told her they were going to pierce her ears. She just kept repeating "Mommy, what is she doing?"

"Uhh she's piercing your ears Dega."

I waited for the cries to come and.... Nothing. Not a peep. Just, "Mommy what are they doing?"

Are you kidding me kid? She never cried. They did the second one and then I took her to the bathroom to show her her new pretties. She was excited to have stars and had all the nurses and doctors flabbergasted and talking about how awesome she was. They couldn't believe she didn't even flinch. The said she did better than some 14 year olds who come in and get their ears pierced. Well, what can we say? She's a rockstar.

And since once again Bristol is another month older we took his picture with the Care Bear. He seriously looks like he has doubled in size.





No comments: